BridgeEdU is not affiliated with the U.S. Department of Education or any other government entity or department. A student is not required to pay any fees to BridgeEdU or to use BridgeEdU’s Site or Services in order to fill out and submit any government forms, including, without limitation, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Our Services. The Site may contain products and services to guide and motivate students to apply for federal, state, institutional, and scholarships; to understand their eligibility and apply for grants to help pay for their college education. (“Services”). Some of the Services available on the Site may be software that is downloaded to your computer, phone, tablet, or other device, you agree that we may automatically update this software, and that these Terms will apply to such updates. BridgeEdU does not make any representation, warranty or guarantee with respect to the Site or Services, including, without limitation, that a student will receive a certain amount of money, financial aid or acceptance into any college, school or program.
- Who May Use Our Services. You may use our Services on the Site only if you can form a legally binding contract, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When you create your BridgeEdU account, and subsequently when you use certain features, you must provide us with accurate and complete information, and you agree to update your information to keep it accurate and complete. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited. Certain services and features of the Site may have additional requirements and/or restrictions.
- Use of Site Content. Other than as expressly permitted in the next paragraph, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, perform, publish, license, modify, translate, adapt, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or otherwise exploit the Site or any content, information, software, products or services obtained from the Site, for any commercial purpose or enterprise, without our prior written permission. You may not use the Site or any content within the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms, or to solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity which infringes the rights of BridgeEdU, its affiliates or other individuals.
You may display the pages of the website and, subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material on the Site, electronically copy, download onto your personal computer, mobile device or other technology used to access the Site, and print single hard copy portions of the pages from the Site solely for your own internal, noncommercial, lawful use. If you make other use of the Site, except as otherwise provided above, you may violate copyright and other laws of the United States, other countries, as well as applicable state laws and may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use.
You may not (a) decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the Site or any portion thereof, (b) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, any portion thereof or any other computer systems or platforms through the Site, (c) use any automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or engage in harvesting of e-mail addresses or other personal information, unsolicited e-mailing, telephone calls or mailings, spoofing, flooding, overloading, spidering, screen scraping, database scraping, or any similar or equivalent manual process to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Site or any content on Site, or (d) reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to the Site to its source. You agree that you will not use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Site.
- Accounts and Passwords. Visitors may have limited ability to visit and browse the Site, but will not have full access to the Services without first creating an account. When you set up an account, you are required to complete a profile and submit certain personal information to BridgeEdU. We may issue you, or enable you to establish, a username and password for the Site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and account password, and for any activity that occurs under your account, including any activity that occurs as a result of your failure to keep secure and maintain the confidentiality of your account and password information. You will (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. It is your sole responsibility to control the dissemination and use of your password, control access to and use of your account, and notify us when you desire to cancel your account on the Site. You may not use anyone else’s password or account at any time on the Site. We will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements and you may be held liable for any losses incurred by BridgeEdU or any other user to the Site if your failure to keep your account information secure and confidential results in someone else’s use of your account, password and account information.
- Intellectual Property. BridgeEdU and its licensors own all right, title and interest in and to the Site, all the text, content, graphics, interfaces, code and materials thereon, the look and feel, selection and arrangement, design and organization of the Site, the Services, and the compilation of the content, code, data and materials on the Site, including but not limited to all intellectual property and proprietary rights therein. Your use of the Site does not grant to you ownership in, or rights to, any of the foregoing. The Site is copyrighted as a collective work under the United States’ and other copyright laws, and is the property of BridgeEdU. The collective work includes works that are licensed to BridgeEdU. Unless otherwise indicated on the Site, displayed trademarks, corporate logos, services marks, trade names and emblems (collectively, the “Marks”) are subject to the trademark rights of, and are proprietary to, BridgeEdU, its affiliates and their respective licensors. These Terms do not grant any license or other authorization to use the Marks.
- License to Use Your Content. To the extent that you provide content, you grant BridgeEdU a fully-transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, sublicensable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to copy, distribute, modify, create derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use your content. This license includes granting BridgeEdU the right to authorize participating institutions to use your content with their registered students and on-campus learners independent of the services. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict other legal rights BridgeEdU may have to your content, for example under other licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify your content for any reason, including your content that we believe violates these Terms.
- Feedback. We welcome your suggestions, ideas, comments, and other feedback regarding the Services (“Feedback”). By submitting any Feedback, you grant us the unlimited right to use the Feedback without any restriction, notice or any compensation to you. By accepting your Feedback, BridgeEdU does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to BridgeEdU, developed by its employees, representatives or contractors, or obtained from sources other than you.
- Acceptable Use.
You are prohibited from using our Services or the Site to share content that:
- Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities.
- Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence. We don’t allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
- Stalks, harasses or harms another individual.
- Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights of third parties. Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights.
- Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
- Interferes with the Site or Services.
You also aren’t allowed to:
- Do anything that violates local, state, national or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
- Share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Attempt to access any other user’s account.
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Site or Services, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things under this Acceptable Use section.
- Linking. The Site may contain links to other websites and content, which may be of interest to you. BridgeEdU is not responsible for the content or use of any other websites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other website is at your own risk, and you should be aware that, unless otherwise indicated, these Terms no longer govern. Please be mindful of this as you link to other outside websites. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any outside website to which you navigate.
- Electronic Communications. The communications between you and us use electronic means, whether through the Site or via email. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if they were in a writing.
- Paid Services. Some of our Services are available without charge. Some of our Services require certain access rights to use such Services, for example, you may have to enter an access code or set up an account. BridgeEdU may offer some Services for a fee. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in U.S. Dollars. You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes in a timely manner with a payment mechanism associated with the applicable paid Services. BridgeEdU reserves the right to withdraw any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an order has been submitted and whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit or debit card charged. If your debit or credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, we will issue a credit to your debit or credit card account in the amount of the charge. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees using other collection mechanisms. Fees may vary based on your location and other factors, and BridgeEdU reserves the right to change any fees at any time at its sole discretion. Any change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting through the relevant Services. Refunds may be available for paid Services as determined by BridgeEdU.
- Modifying and Terminating Our Services. We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functions, features, or requirements, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether. Accordingly, BridgeEdU may terminate your use of any Service for any reason. If your use of a paid Service is terminated, a refund may be available. None of BridgeEdU, its participating institutions, its contributors, sponsors, and other business partners, and their employees, contractors, and other agents shall have any liability to you for any such action. You can stop using our Services and/or Site at any time.
- Disclaimer. THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS THEREON, ARE EACH PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. BRIDGEEDU DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT A STUDENT WILL RECEIVE A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF MONEY, FINANCIAL AID OR ACCEPTANCE INTO ANY COLLEGE, SCHOOL OR PROGRAM. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, BRIDGEEDU DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, NON-INTERFERENCE, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, DATA ACCURACY, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, AND WARRANTIES ARISING FROM TRADE USAGE, COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. BRIDGEEDU DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. BRIDGEEDU DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF CONTENT ON THE SITE OR WITH RESPECT TO ITS COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, AVAILABILITY, ADEQUACY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE. YOU AGREE THAT WE, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, MAY IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE OR DELETION OF YOUR ACCOUNT.
BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is operated out of the United States. BridgeEdU makes no representation that the Site, materials or information on the Site are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States, and access to them from jurisdictions where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Site outside of the United States do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export any materials on the Site in violation of United States’ or any other jurisdiction’s export, re-export, or import laws and regulations.
- Revisions to Terms. BridgeEdU reserves the right to, from time to time, in its sole discretion, amend these Terms. Any amendments to these Terms will apply after the applicable modification date. It is your responsibility to review these Terms from time to time to understand the extent of changes. Your continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to the then-current amended and updated Terms.
Effective as of September 15, 2016